We’re on the hunt for an outstanding full stack developer to join our growing team in Lagos. Our developers work very closely with our design team to develop specifications and build websites and apps exciting and innovative companies from healthtech startups using data to solve medical problems in Africa to marketplace startups.
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join our close-knit fun and friendly team.
• Provide a high level of engagement in projects throughout the scoping/planning, building and delivery phases.
• Help compose discovery sessions with clients and the team to fully scope out complex briefs.
• Know how to write technical spec documents and co-author discovery documents with prospective clients.
• Ability to be client facing through tools such as Basecamp/Trello in order to keep clients up-to-date and manage expectations.
• Must be able to use Version Control Systems (git) all our projects are maintained through this.
• Extremely strong front-end skills to build responsive, semantic and cutting edge designs using HTML, SCSS/CSS/JS and latest technologies.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Creation of flexible & re-usable front-end components that can be used from project to project.
• Able to build performance sites utilising various front-end techniques, in order to reduce page load times create snappy interfaces.
• Work closely with designers throughout the design stage to develop designs from Photoshop into quality front-ends.
• Must be comfortable working with pre-compilers to transpile JS/SCSS into browser friendly code (Webpack / Gulp).
• Be able to write JS using the latest ES6/7 standards especially with React Development.
• Have worked with the following JS frameworks: (React.js / Redux / Jquery) as well as being able to identify the correct third party packages for a given task.
• Good understanding of handling asynchronous requests to query API’s and make necessary changes.
• Good working knowledge of PHP as a language.
• Build efficient, testable and reusable code.
• Basic Understanding of OOP practices to write clean, maintainable and scalable code.
• Integration of data from multiple sources such as back-end CMS’s, REST API’s, etc into usable data for both back-end and front-end.
• Able to Intertwine code you write with the front-end so that you or other developers can utilise what you write.
• Must be able to work with WordPress and either Magento, WooCommerce or Opencart frameworks to implement end-to-end solutions for clients and internal projects.
• Good understanding of either Magento, WooCommerce or Opencart architecture to write re-usable modules, work with collections and other developmental tasks.
• Work with data from MySQL databases and understanding of how databases are structured, work.
• Configure and maintenance of (Apache, Nginx) Webservers.
• Spot potential risks and be able to respond quickly to implement solutions to server issues before they happen, or as quickly as possible if they do.
• Must be able to handle deployment processes of WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce or Opencart based sites using Capistrano and/or Git Hooks.
• Handle migration of MySQL databases to production/staging servers. Must be able to work with VM’s locally (Vagrant/Homestead) to create isolated environments when building sites.
• Use of Laravel forge to provision our WordPress production/staging servers.
• Some knowledge of provisioning tools such as Ansible to create staging environments but not crucial.
You don’t have to come in on your birthday
25 days bookable holiday per year
A Mac book pro
2 Days a month off work to work on Techhut our social impact initiative
Company-wide bonus scheme to share in our success
Professional Development and regular training for each team member plus access to udemy.com, safaribooksonline.com or lynda.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Email your CV & examples of work to email@example.com along with your salary expectations.