We’re on the hunt for an extraordinary front-end developer to join our growing team in Lagos. Our developers work very closely with our design team to develop specifications and build websites and apps for exciting and creative companies from healthtech startups using data to solve medical problems in Africa to marketplace startups.
We’re looking for a driven and visionary individual to impact our close-knit fun and friendly team who take table tennis to heart.
– Deliver a high level of engagement in projects throughout the scoping/planning, building, and delivery phases.
– Help compose discovery sessions with clients and the team to fully scope out complex briefs.
– Write technical spec documents
– Ability to be client facing through tools such as Basecamp/Trello in order to keep clients up-to-date and manage expectations.
– Creation of semantic front-end code
– Mindful of page performance and ways to enrich a users experience either directly or through perceived techniques.
– Work closely with designers throughout the design stage to develop designs from Photoshop into quality front-ends.
– Ability to use Version Control Systems (git) all our projects are maintained through this.
– Very strong front-end skills to build responsive, semantic and groundbreaking designs using HTML, SCSS/CSS, and latest technologies.
– Write DRY code which is flexible and re-usable project to project
– Build cross-browser compatible code with common knowledge of issues and solutions.
– Must be comfortable working with pre-compilers to transpile JS/SCSS into browser-friendly code (Webpack / Gulp)
– Be able to write JS using the latest ES6/7 standards (especially around React Development)
– Have worked with the following JS frameworks: (React.js / Redux / Jquery) as well as being able to identify the good third-party packages for a given task
– Handle writing AJAX requests to query various third-party API’s
– Basic understanding of PHP using loops and echo statements to make content visible on the front-end
– Experience with either Shopify, Woo Commerce, OpenCart or Magento platforms
– Worked with either WordPress or Drupal as a CMS tool
– Experience with other JS frameworks such as Angular / Ember
– Knowledge working with Bourbon/Neat/Bitters SCSS frameworks
– You don’t have to come in on your birthday
– 25 days bookable holiday per year
– Team Retreats
– 2 Days a month off work to work on our social impact causes
– Company-wide bonus scheme to share in our success
– Professional Development and regular training for each team member plus access to udemy.com, safaribooksonline.com or lynda.com
– Rewards: Gym, iRoko or Netflix membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Email your CV & examples of work to email@example.com along with your salary expectations.