We’re on the hunt for an outstanding back-end developer to join our growing team in Lagos. Our developers work very closely with our design team to develop specifications and build websites and apps exciting and innovative companies from healthtech startups using data to solve medical problems in Africa to marketplace startups.
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join our close-knit fun and friendly team.
• Provide a high level of engagement in projects throughout the scoping/planning, building and delivery phases.
• Help compose discovery sessions with clients and the team to fully scope out complex briefs.
• Know how to write technical spec documents and co-author discovery documents with prospective clients.
• Ability to be client facing through tools such as Basecamp/Trello in order to keep clients up-to-date and manage expectations.
•Familiarity working with PHP frameworks such as Laravel
•Good understanding of building CMS based sites with WordPress
• Good knowledge of working with Version Control Systems, like Git
• Writing efficient, testable and reusable code
• Object Orientated Programming (OOP) techniques
• Integration of common third-party API’s
• Experience working with MySQL databases
• Fundamental application of HTML/CSS/JS and AJAX technologies
• Understanding of open source projects such as React
• Experience working with Magento or Woo Commerce
• Knowledge of Bedrock framework for WordPress
• Knowledge of deployment tools such as Capistrano/Git Hooks
You don’t have to come in on your birthday
30 days bookable holiday per year
2 Days a month off work to work on our social impact causes
Company wide bonus scheme to share in our success
Early stage employees get equity in the company.
Professional Development and regular training for each team member plus access to udemy.com, safaribooksonline.com or lynda.com
Free Gym, Spotify, iRoko or Netflix membership
How to Apply
Email your CV & examples of work to email@example.com along with your salary expectations.